Select Vocational Service’s Placement Blitz Program has been running for 9 years - with a placement rate at usually 50-90%.
We Achieve This by:
- Profiling jobseekers.
- Organising regular face-to-face meetings with decision makers so jobseekers can create a good first impression as they often don’t look good on paper.
- Tailored Marketing: we contact employers immediately after meeting with jobseeker to broker placement/ work trial, or be guided by employer feedback which helps us tailor our marketing more accurately.
- Focus: the focus on getting jobseekers face-to-face with decision makers also takes them out of their comfort zone and with our support engages them fully.
- Follow up: the SVS program is unique, as is its detailed reporting structure. Creating a highly accountable program that is easy to evaluate.
Turning Placements Into OutcomesDEWR identified 3 attributes all high performing sites had in common:
- High levels of engagement
- High levels of referral
- High levels of PR lodgement
1. High Levels of Engagement:During the 13weeks of the program Select Vocational Service’s business consultants are in constant contact with jobseekers, contacting them several times per week:
- Reverse Marketing
- Organising interviews and employer meetings
- Meticulous follow-up
- Detailed daily reports
- After hours contact
- Identifying and overcoming barriers
2. High Levels of Referrals:As a result of this intense focus and tailored marketing, jobseekers attend numerous interviews and employer meetings, resulting in high levels of referrals and placements.
3. High Levels of PR Lodgment:During the Placement Blitz Program, some jobseeker’s barriers become apparent – working for cash, avoidance, drug, alcohol or psychiatric issues, training gaps, etc.
The program’s high level of ongoing engagement via phone. and email, working closely with the employment consultants, means these jobseekers get the training, referral, support or penalty required.
For the duration of the 13 week program, Select Vocational Services provides an ongoing safety net for those placed early and continues to place people should they fall out of employment.